The Jeremiah N. Walters Memorial Scholarship
The inaugural Jeremiah N. Walters Memorial Scholarship is a scholarship, to commemorate the life of Jeremiah N. Walters, my son, who passed away suddenly in August 2017, one week before my wife’s & I first Chosen Conference. Jeremiah was a Freshman in college, just beginning his college journey, and simultaneously trying to discover what his God-given purpose was for his life. My wife & I want to honor his life & memory by helping other young, aspiring college students fulfill their God-given purpose.
In honor of Jeremiah’s life & legacy, we will be awarding our first college scholarship at this year’s Chosen Conference 2018 in Orlando, FL. The purpose of the Jeremiah N. Walters Memorial Scholarship is to inspire college students to pursue their dreams, and to know that they are “Chosen” by God with a divine purpose. My son may not have been able to fulfill his dream, but I can help other college students fulfill theirs.
This scholarship will be awarded to a student applicant who submits a 500-word essay on Isaiah 60:1-2.
“Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you. 2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And deep darkness the people; But the LORD will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you.” – Isaiah 60:1-2
The essay should be written about the importance of God’s Glory and the need for God’s Glory to be operating in a Christian believers’ life.
Summary of Key Rules & Requirements
- The student applicant must be between the ages of 17-21. (Age range: 17 thru 21)
- Current college students must submit a digital copy of their college school identification card or proof of current enrollment.
- Freshman students due to enroll in the Fall 2018, must submit a copy of their acceptance letter and their school start date.
- Current college students must submit a current college school identification card or proof of current enrollment.
- The student applicant or applicant’s parent(s)/guardian(s) must be a registrant and attendee of The Chosen Conference 2018.
- Only one entry allowed per applicant.
The Scholarship Essay should contain the following format:
- Double spaced
- Times New Roman font
- 12-point font
- Page numbered top right-hand corner
- Essay should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for all essays is Monday, August 2oth 2018 at 11:59pm CT.
Awarding of the First Annual Jeremiah N. Walters Memorial Scholarship
- Winner will be notified and awarded The Jeremiah N. Walters Memorial Scholarship at The Chosen Conference in Orlando, FL @ the Hilton Bonnet Creek Hotel on Friday, August 31st 2018. Parent(s) or guardian(s) can accept the award in their child’s honor.